As the sneaker industry has grown into a monolith, the publishing industry Nike Roshe Run Dámské has tried to keep pace. But the number of books about sneakers that actually deliver something more than pretty pictures are few www.flavorz.co.uk and far between. Or that was the case, at least, until late October, when journalists Howie Kahn and Alex French, alongside designer Rodrigo Corral, published their own book: Sneakers. Despite its straightfordward title, Sneakers overdelivers by offering up 50-plus stories about the sneaker industry and surrounding Adidas Superstar Mujer Negras culture from some of the biggest names in the biz. It's more than just some pretty pictures.The book gathers narratives from folks like Virgil Abloh, Ronnie Fieg, Tinker Hatfield, and many, many more. Some stories, like Jeff Staple's tale of the Nike Dunks that almost caused a riot on New York's Lower East Side, are common knowledge amongst collectors. But some shed new light on an industry that, Nike Air Pegasus 83 Homme despite all the hype and coverage, still manage to be awfully secretive. One fresh perspective we found particularly Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink captivating comes from Marc Dolce, a former Nike designer who back in 2015 found himself at the center of a lawsuit filed by Nike against Adidas. Today, Dolce works for Adidas in its top-secret Brooklyn office, but back then Nike sued Adidas to the tune of $10 million dollars after Dolce and two other Nike designers Nike Air Pegasus 89 Dámské jumped ship at the Swoosh, accusing them of breaching their contracts. (The suit was eventually settled for an undisclosed amount.)

These days, things are a lot less dramatic in Dolce's world, but his job at Adidas remains one many sneakerheads and creatives would die to have. LinkedIn has his title at Adidas as simply "Vice President, Creative Director," and the gig is correspondingly broad: make the future of Adidas sneakers. Whether it's developing 3D printed soles under Adidas's Futurecraft umbrella or simply figuring out how to make athletes run faster and jump higher, Adidas's most futuristic ideas start with Dolce and his team in Brooklyn. Here, in an exclusive except from Sneakers, Adidas ZX Flux Dámské Dolce explains just what goes at what he calls a "Disneyland for designers."It was really tough growing up in New York. My mom was a single Nike Air Max 90 Womens parent. We lived together in a basement studio apartment in Sunset Park. I started working, delivering food for a local grocery store deli, when I was twelve. Things like brand-name shoes weren’t attainable for me. I remember my mom buying me lots of shoes without brands and trying to force me to wear them.
I looked up to the New York sports icons and spent a lot of time sketching the Knicks—Patrick Ewing, John Starks, those were two guys I grew up idolizing. I would always spend a lot more time on their footwear. There was something about the shoes. Whether I could have them or not, there was an emotional connection.

At fourteen and fifteen years old, I was playing sports and got obsessed Nike Air Max Tavas Dámské with wondering about how to make athletes better. And I started to notice more customization. I’m forty-one, so that was a time when people Nike Air Odyssey Donne would replace laces with fatter ones and stick the tongues out more. Some people would draw or paint on their shoes. Those were the things people did that made their shoes special. I struggled with customization because I didn’t want anything permanent. Part of creation is always thinking about the future and thinking about change. I struggle with tattoos for the same reason. I never got one because I knew I’d want to change whatever I did in the morning by nighttime. Coming back to Brooklyn is a way of completing a circle. I would really love to create opportunities for my community and focus on the next generation of talent. For me, one of the missions is developing talent. Another is focusing Nike Air Pegasus 83 Femme on bigger issues.I really like where the brand is going through Futurecraft. It’s something that means a lot to me. Yesterday, they Adidas Superstar Womens Gold released a concept at the Biofabricate Conference: using Biosteel, which mimics natural spider silk and is 100 percent biodegradable. It’s focused on the world’s ecosystem. The Parley shoe is about that idea, too. It’s made with recycled ocean plastic.I also love the idea of co-creation: an ability for consumers to create the products that they wear on their feet. In the future, people may be able to print their own adidas shoes at their house, you know? They may not have to go to a store. They can maybe one day have a digital download of the file—like the way music gets downloaded now—and be able to create that product at home.